© Copyright 2009-2010 LearnAtTheBeach.com
Klipsan Beach Life Saving Station–Local Lesson Plans for Guests
Grades: Adaptable for K-12
Subject: Peninsula Sea Life
1. Learn what forms of sea life can be found on and around the Peninsula.
2. Discover what industries depend on local sea life.
1. Complete two word puzzles or a nature scavenger hunt found in the Booklet of Discovery. Download here or pick up a booklet at the Long Beach Peninsula Visitors Center.
2. Watch at least one sea life video (available in the units).
3. Visit Nahcotta’s Interpretive Center, featuring the oyster industry.
4. Visit Oysterville, and learn how oysters played a part in its early history.
5. Visit the Ilwaco waterfront, observing what types of fish can be caught in the area.
Read one or more of the following books, depending on grade level. All are available in the upstairs unit, starred ones in downstairs unit.
(List coming soon)
Click here to return to “Lesson Plans”.